Skip to content
- Children have a right to a meaningful education regardless of their needs.
- Good school attendance goes hand in hand with school achievement.
- Children look to the school for strength, approval and guidance.
- Children with special needs deserve an appropriate education that addresses their individual needs.
- Each child is unique and valuable and worthy of an appropriate education; therefore we must not leave any child behind.
- School attendance workers, social workers, pupil personnel workers, health professionals, and other staff working to improve school attendance deserve current information related to truancy and dropout prevention.
- Truancy and dropout prevention are essential components of a successful education system.