2018 Award Nomination Forms
At each annual conference, IATDP presents a Person of the Year and Program of the Year award. The person of the year award is named after our long time Executive Director, Jimmie Thacker, Jr., who passed a few years ago. More information regarding each award, and instructions as to how nominate, can be found via the links below.
Previous Conference Awards
- Program of the Year – GOAL program -Greater Omaha Attendance and Learning Services Program (https://goals-center.org/AboutUs.aspx)
- Person of the Year – Judge Steven R. Nation – for his Indiana Youth Assistance Program (http://youthassistance.org/)
- Truancy Champion – Prosecutor of the year – Kristen Martin
- Outstanding Education Administrator – James Taylor, MSW, Calvin Burrows
- Most Valuable Conference Coordinator – Karen Sweeny, Craig Campbell
- Change Agent – World Leader Awards – Dr. David Heyne, Beverly Reynolds, Edward Broaster, Dr. Yvonne Larrier, Dr. Caroline Babasola, Dr. Carolyn Gentle-Genitty, Dr. Nicola Bird, Ken Reid, Dr. James Brown
- Program of the Year – 21st Judicial District Court (Louisiana) Juvenile Drug Court and Dropout Prevention Team
- Person of the Year – Stephen Sroka
This year the award will be presented as group organizations for the program of the year award.
- Police Department
- The Attorney District Office
- Sherriff Department
- People First
- Operation Safe Community
- Shelby County Schools
Individual Award – Larry Williams. He has been involved with the Student Attendance Review Board for a number of years. He works for Case Management Inc.
- Person of Year – Terry Johnson and the
- Program of the Year – MOP–Indiana
- Persons of the Year – Ronnie Nolan, Director, Kentucky Educational Collaborative for State Agency Children and Jimmie Thacker (TN).
- Programs of the Year – MCS Truancy Intervention & Prevention – Memphis City Schools and Douglas County Attorney’s Office Truancy Diversion Program, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Person of the Year – Ruby Smith (LA)
- Program of the Year – Juvenile Impact Program, Denton County Sheriffs’ Office, Denton, TX.
- Person of the Year – Rupert Boneham
- Program of the Year – Sinclair Community College Fast Forward Center, Dayton Ohio.
- Person of the Year – John Hill (LA).
- Program of the Year – Franklin Schargel Consulting “Dropout Prevention Strategies”.
- The Founders Grant Recipients are “The Citadel School of Education – Gear Up”, Charleston, SC; “Lewis and Clark School”, Bronx, NY; and Recovery High School”, Indianapolis, IN.
- Person of the Year – Quincy Murdock (KY)
- Program of the Year Award – Phoenix Academy, Franklin County Public Schools, Kentucky
- The Founders’ Grant Winners – Elaine Preston “Response to Intervention: Literacy Based Dropout Prevention”, Ashland Independent Schools, Ashland Kentucky; Edwin Ray “Positive Behavior Support”, Jennings High School, Jennings Louisiana; Kellee Gray “Where Everyone Belongs”, Shadow Ridge Middle School, Thornton, Colorado.
- Person of the Year – David Gullet (LA)
- Program of the Year Award – Truancy Abatement Program from Albany, NY.
- The Sponsor of the Year – Sprint
- Person of the Year Award – Woodie Cheek (KY)
- Program of the Year Award – Bossier/Webster Truancy Assessment and Service Center – Louisiana.
- Sponsor of the Year – Sprint
- Person of the Year Award – Jimmie Thacker (TN)
- Program of the Year Award – “Project Grad”, Knoxville, Tennessee