WELCOME TO THE IATDP
A Message from the President
Happy New Year 2021!
January is National Mentoring Month. A perfect time to kick off the new year encouraging, empowering and embracing youth. When you see a youth needing guidance, leadership, a change and a chance, step in and be the life changer. This is a social responsibility we can all be a part of. Why? Because we can be the change. Now is the time to resound the alarm in rebuilding and redirecting our youth mentally and socially and preparing them to be great. The benefits to mentoring can promote positive attitudes, increase social and emotional development, boost self-esteem and more. Together, we can challenge others globally to make that difference in the lives of our youth. Be the Voice: Be the Change
According to lifechangingexperiences.org, below are a list of benefits to mentoring youth.
BENEFITS TO MENTORING YOUTH
- Increase high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitude about school
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of initiating drug and alcohol use
- www.mentoring.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-303-4600
- AECF.ORG The Annie E. Casey Foundation, aecf.org, 410.547.6600
- DREAM, www.joindream.org, email@example.com, 402-315-1500
- Be A Mentor, www.beamentororg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-232-6368
- International Mentoring Association, email@example.com, 386-243-5370
- Mentor International, www.mentorinternational.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-789 11 80
- Global Mentorship Initiative, www.globalmentorship.org, email@example.com
Be the Voice: Be the Change!