WELCOME TO THE IATDP
A Message from the President
In response to COVID-19, it is important that everyone cooperates with their state declarations and procedures for ‘Shelter-In-Place and Stay-Home.’ The Corona-virus Pandemic will come to pass, but we must comply so we can get through this safe and healthy.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Staying home when you are sick, except to seek medical care
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children to do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands.
Additional information is available at the following websites:
· CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
· CDC Travel Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Schools across the world have closed temporarily or indefinitely to flatten the curve and slow the spread of this disease. Students are now schooling from home so it’s important for I.A.T.D.P. to show support for parents, schools, administrators, and communities.
Ways to get involved:
1.Encourage parents to talk to their students about COVID-19
2. Send a thank you letter to your school board and superintendent for their hard work.
3. Send a thank you letter to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National School Meal Program for providing services to feed our students
4. Send a thank you letter to your state E.O.C (Emergency Operation Center) for their support, strategic planning and hard work.
5. Send a thank you letter to the U.S. Congress for the relief fund
More importantly, let’s stay safe and healthy. May God bless us all.
Be The Voice: Be The Change!